Please continue to be in prayer as The Baptist Mobile Health Ministry Unit Â ministers with us this week at Higgston Baptist Church. We have already seen 2 people give their hearts and lives to Jesus which thrills this Associational Missionary. Please pray for the doctors, assistants, prayer chaplains and other volunteers as they represent our Lord and Association. Lastly, pray for those being served that they will have an openness to the Gospel.
The Special Olympics are coming to our community and we need your help. The wonderful folks of Special Olympics will be with us April 8th and they would like to partner with a local church in order to use the DBA Evangelism Trailer for the children. If you or your church has been trained in using the DBA trailer and you would like to minister to these wonderful families April 8th please give me a call or send an email. If you agree to serve that day you will be responsible for:
- Picking up the trailer from the DBA office in Ailey
- Setting up the equipment
- Operating the equipment
- Packing it up and bringing it back
This is a big need so please let me know ASAP if your church can take on this project.
We are also excited about our upcoming mission trip to Kantunilkin, Mexico June 21–27 where we will be working in small villages sharing Christ through revivals, construction, prayer walking, testimonies, and vacation bible school. Please consider joining us for this very important (and rewarding) mission trip. Please remember, if you are planning on partnering with us for this mission trip please turn in your registration form and the non-refundable deposit of $500 by March 24th which will allow us to purchase the plane tickets at a reasonable cost.
Please be in prayer for this weekâ€™s Churches of the Week:
- Ailey (pastor Curtis Beaird)
- Alston (pastor Doyle Waller)
- The Way (pastor Joey Davis)
- Tabernacle (pastor Bobby Thompson)
- Vidalia Baptist Temple (pastor Scottie Pitts)
- Lastly, continue to pray for pastor Karl Hay (FBC Mt. Vernon) as he recuperates from surgery.
As you know our International Mission Board recently brought hundreds of missionaries back to the states due to the lack of funding. I just received notice many of the â€œformerâ€ IMB missionaries are now in Georgia and need some assistance. Please look over the list below and let me know if you can respond with one or more of these urgent requests.
- Vehicles (Several of the missionaries expressed this as a top priority, and it has been the least met need.)
- Place of ministry OR secular employment
- Library (Some of the missionaries left their library on the mission field for the national church leaders and now need to replace what they left behind.)
- Appliances, lawn equipment & tools, and furniture
- Temporary storage while they decide where the Lord wants them to land
- Churches to partner with their former mission field
Quote of the Week The longer a person attends church, the fewer evangelistic discussions they engage in with family members and friends. Fewer presentations of the life-changing plan of salvation are given, and fewer invitations to events that attractively present the message of Christ are offered, mostly because Christ-followers have fewer friends outside the faith to whom to offer them. â€“Bill Hybels
Blessed to Serve,