Please remember we are beginning a monthly DBA Prayer Rally which will take place the first Monday of each month to specifically pray for our community. Our first rally will take place at FBC Mt. Vernon on Monday, January 4th at 6:30 p.m. Leading our time in prayer each month will be Mark Mirza who is himself a prayer warrior. Please invite anyone Â you know (no matter the Christian denomination they belong to) who has a heart for eradicating spiritual darkness in our communities to join you and others as we seek God in prayer. Also, if your church would like to host the February Prayer Rally please let me know.
God is doing a wonderful work through our DBA Prison Ministry and we give Him all the Glory! Highlights include the following:
- Graduation from our Prison Bible Leadership Institute occurred lastÂ Wednesday and through the preaching of Godâ€™s Word we saw at least 12 inmates give their hearts and lives to Christ.
- We are currently offering 7 Bible Studies in the prison where dozens have received Christ.
- We have now equipped 7 inmates to teach in the prison.
I am happy to announce we will be hosting the Great Commission Resource Centers Conference on Thursday, January 14th at 6:30 p.m. at Smith Street Baptist. The point of the conference is to encourage church members to use existing relationships and interest groups to share their faith with others. Â Whether its riding motorcycles, hunting, reading a book-of-the-month or scrapbooking, Christians can use natural connections as conduits for the Great Commission. Â I encourage each of our pastors to invite (and encourage) their congregations to join them at this wonderful conference. Also, the Executive Director of the Georgia Baptist Convention (Dr. Robert White) will be there to share in the discussion. Hope to see you there!
Our Spiritual Leadership Team has invited nationally known speaker Josh Hunt to lead a special conference for us February 11th at 6:30 p.m. at FBC Lyons. Change Your Church or Die is a great conference that every pastor, staff member, and church volunteer will benefit from attending. This conference will address real problems many smaller and larger churches are facing and will give each participant some very practical and useful ideas on how to take a church from where it is today to where God would have it be.
Please be in prayer for this weekâ€™s Churches of the Week:
- Fairview Baptist (pastor Glenn Russell)
- East Gordon Street Baptist (currently without a pastor)
- Cedar Crossing Baptist (pastor Reece Mincey)
- Bethel Baptist (currently without a pastor)
- Cross Timbers Baptist (pastor Clarence Best)
The staff at the Daniell Baptist Association wish each of your and our 50 churches a merry Christmas. As we approach the end of the year let me ask you a couple of questions:
1. Are you making contributions for the future?
2. Have you considered making a year-endÂ gift to the DBA Acts 1:8 Missions Fund? Gifts to this fund can help us reach our community and world for Christ. Please rememberÂ giftsÂ must be made by December 31 and you can make a gift online at www.dbachurches.org or via mail with a check payable to the Daniell Baptist Association Acts 1:8 fund and mailed to PO Box 388, Ailey, GA. 30410. Â Mailed checks must be postmarked by December 31st. For other tangible ways you or your church can help please see our Needs List on our home page.