Our DBA Evangelism Team would like to partner with you in 2012 to help you reach your community for Christ and we are asking each of our 50 DBA churches to pray about being a DBA HARVEST 2012 Church.
HARVEST 2012 churches will partner together in committing to the following:
- Set aside the first Thursday of every month in 2012 to fast and pray for the lost in our community.
- Host an outreach/harvest event (Revival or some other evangelistic event) in March or April of 2012.
- Plan at least 3 other outreach/evangelistic events in 2012 such as conducting Block Parties, Canvassing, Community Surveys, Harvest Weekends with an evangelist, Evangelistic Community Movie Night, Fall Festivals, etc.
Every church who agrees to be a HARVEST 2012 church will be offered assistance in the following ways:
- Evangelism Coaching free of charge on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month (January-April) at noon and/or 6:30 p.m. with Marcus Merritt from our Georgia Baptist Convention and Robby Smith.
- Weekly â€œOut of the Boxâ€ Evangelism Ideas delivered by email.
- List of Harvest Evangelists to help you choose the right Evangelist for your situation.
- Specialized training to help you reach your goals.
- Personal Evangelism Training for your congregation. (Upon Request)
We have over 41,000 people in our four counties (Montgomery, Toombs, Treutlen, and Wheeler) who do not attend church anywhere and God wants us to reach them. Please pray about being a HARVEST 2012 church and partner with us in reaching 41,000 people for Jesus.
To date, the following churches have made the commitment to be HARVEST Churches:
First Uvalda, First Mt. Vernon, First Soperton, First Vidalia, First Alamo, Boiling Springs, Cedar Crossing, South Thompson, Fairview, First Lyons, Vidalia Baptist Temple, Cornerstone, First Mt. Vernon, Tabernacle, New Corinth, Ohoopee, Trinity,Â Beulah, and Rocky Creek.
Pastors, if your church is willing to take this challenge (and make the commitment as stated above) please call our DBA office to let us know of your commitment.