Dear Pastors/Church Leaders,
- Please be in prayer for Pastor Chester Proctor (Alston Baptist) who is having severe back issues.
- Continue to pray for Pastor Larry Hightower as he recovers from a motorcycle accident and surgery. He will be preaching this Sunday and appreciates your prayers for strength.
- Please pray for our Annual worship celebration (this Sunday, October 18Â at First Vidalia) and our Annual Meeting (Monday at Rocky Creek Baptist). We plan to have a great time bragging on Jesus.
- If you have not signed up to participate in Operation Balm (Hospital Chaplaincy training for clergy and non-clergy) October 27, please consider doing so today. Please call us at 912–583-2713 for more information.
- Our DBA Church Leadership Institute is awesome and we would love for you to take part. The next course being offered will be on October 20 and 27 from 6–9 p.m. and is called Worship: Theology and Practice. It is designed to help us understand the theology (and practice) of worship. Topics of discussion will include: Personal Definition of Worship, Understanding Trends and Dealing with Change, Practical ideas in Implementing Worship, Biblical Values in Worship, Barriers in Worship, Creative Ideas for Worship-Involving People, and Steps in Building an Effective Worship Service. Our instructor will be Dr. Jon Duncan with the Georgia Baptist Convention.
Quote of the Day:
Â The wrong question is whether your church is â€œtraditionalâ€ or â€œcontemporaryâ€ and which is better. The real issue is whether your church is biblically faithful, acting as the presence of Christ in the community at large, able to relate Christ to people in culture, and is on mission. In short, is your church â€œmissionalâ€?
Have an awesome weekend and I hope to see you Sunday evening (at 6 p.m.) for our DBA Worship Celebration. Remember, we will also have something special for children (in Kids Bay) and an awesome experience for youth in the Historic Sanctuary. The rest of us will be meeting in the Worship Center with our DBA Choir and special guest speaker Dr. Larry Wynn.