Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Grace and Peace to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am writing this letter to share with you about an exciting outreach we are doing for the Hispanic Community in and around our area and we desire you to partner with us to help us reach the unchurched and those who need Christ. On September 24th and 25th in the evenings we will be doing a rodeo at the Toombs County Ag Center, to give the Hispanics an opportunity to do something fun with their families but also as an avenue to share the gospel of Christ with them. The event will be 2 nights and we plan on having games, information tables, and competitions with prizes. There will also be a special breakfast and “Stud Talk” for any of the men who are helping with the event.
We have contracted with Dr. Lew Sterrett to come down and do “Sermon on the Mount”. He will be teaching the gospel and living for God by using horses as a teaching tool. He has many years of experience and has done his program with Hispanic groups before. Matthew Henley and I have been praying and preparing for this since the beginning of the year and with your help and your prayers we it can be the beginning of a bigger harvest. I am asking as a brother and fellow worker in Christ would you/your church please consider helping and being involved?
El Rancho Del Senor
Location: 523–529 Quint Shrine Rd, Lyons, GA 30436
Time: Saturday 4–8 p.m. Sunday 4–8 p.m.
What help we need
- Financial need ($7000 of $10,000)
- $3000 food, supplies, gifts (given by DBA missions team)
- $7000 for Dr. Lew Sterrett, housing, food, helpers.
- Greeters giving out information bags.
- Parking attendants
- People to prayer walk Hispanic Communities up until event. (Prayer groups).
- People to hand, post, share Rodeo handouts.
- Need someone who has horses or ponies for kids to ride.
- Help with Audio/Dj show.
- Cookers and kitchen workers for food for event.
- Parenting and marriage resources, books. or pamphlets in spanish. (Biblical).
- Pre Show activities-pictures, ticket booth, games for kids
- Help with cows for cow chasing, sheep for mutton busting, and anyone who can do barrel races. (prizes will be given).
- Anyone know bullfighters or riders we could connect with.
- People to hang around after for afterglow and connecting Hispanics to church.
Thank you dear family,